Line Charts, also known as Run Charts, are valuable tools for visualizing data over time, especially when engaging in improvement initiatives. This graph format provides a clear view of the data before implementing any changes, enabling you to observe progress as improvements are made. Additionally, like bar charts, hovering your mouse over the Line Chart will display the raw numbers for each data point, adding further detail and context to the visualization.
Accessing Line Charts:
- Navigate to the QI Panel: Access the QI Panel, where you’ll find a list of measures and relevant data.
- Choose a Measure: Select any measure you want to analyze over time from the available options.
- View the Extended Visualization: Click on the “+” icon to access the extended view of the selected measure, where you’ll find the Line Chart option on the right side of the charts.
Once you can view the desired Line Chart, consider:
- Adjusting the Time Scale: Adjust the x-axis to best illustrate the desired timeframe, such as 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or the entire dataset (All Time).
- Exploring Associated Measures – Select relevant measures as favorites and view multiple Line Charts concurrently to gain deeper insights.
- Customizing Data Source Preferences – Modify data source preferences to view different aggregates for additional context.
- Identifying Hockey Stick Shapes – During panel maintenance, be on the lookout for hockey stick shapes in your run charts, indicating significant growth as your registries expand. Celebrate the hard work invested in accurately coding your patients’ health conditions.
Line Charts are a powerful tool for understanding data over time. By observing trends and changes, you can make informed decisions and drive positive outcomes.