Introduction to Population Pyramid in HDC Discover
Updated quarterly data points are now available in your HDC Discover account!
Population Pyramids segment your active patient population by gender and age. With the HDC Discover application, you can visualize your individual panel in comparison to your clinic, community, or province. Understanding your population pyramid can also support analysis for forecasting future patient demand, which may indicate a need for supporting team members (e.g., RNs, dietitians, etc.).
Steps to review HDC’s Population Pyramids:
- Log in to the HDC Discover application
- Click on Population Pyramid domain.
- The default dataset options are: Me (your individual panel), My organization (your clinic’s panel) and All clinics (province aggregate). Click on the drop-down menus to select the dataset you would like to compare.
- Explore the different Population Pyramid options
Switch the radio buttons in the bottom of the table to view the 3 different measures:
- Total Patients / 3 Years = Total number of active patients that have had at least one visit in the past 3 years.
- Total Encounters / 3 Years = Total number of encounters in the past 3 years.
- Avg Encounters / Patient / 3 Years = Average number of encounters per patient in the past 3 years.
TIP: If you wish to change the data sets, click the Set Data Source Preferences icon at the top right-hand corner of the application, which will be covered in our next newsletter.
HDC is here to support you and your practice. If you have any questions or would like to know more about your data and HDC Discover, please reach out to us at email@example.com.