Why enrol with the Health Data Coalition?
It’s all about supporting you, your practice, and your patients.
Using insights from your data results in a professionally satisfying practice and leads to improved patient outcomes. That’s why physicians across BC are getting connected through HDC’s technology, which provides comparative views of primary care data. Contribute, view, share, and compare an ever-growing number of relevant clinical measures with colleagues in your own clinic, Division, Health Authority and province.
The HDC Discover application can assist you in assessing your own practice in areas such as chronic disease management or medication prescribing. For example, HDC data can graphically represent patients with asthma in a clear and simple fashion, allowing for reflection on your own practice.
Use HDC Discover to:
- Better understand your own patient population and patterns of practice on its own or as it compares to your clinic and larger community.
- Explore data-informed learning based on your interests in a safe, secure environment that maintains confidentiality for you and your patients.
- Share and reflect on progress with colleagues, if you choose to.
- Inform valuable discussions with your practice coaching team in partnership with the Practice Support Program, as well as the peer mentoring program.
- Implement practice improvements and provide data-informed care to your patients.
- Reflect on improvements in patient care over time with HDC’s automatic data transfer and reporting features.
What does this look like in HDC Discover?
HDC is physician-led and physician-governed
We are funded by the General Practice Services Committee, a partnership of Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health. The HDC Board of Directors is comprised of nine physicians from around the province.
As a physician-led organization, privacy is central to HDC’s trusted health provider network.
Our top priority is preserving the trust of the physicians and other healthcare providers who choose to share their data with the HDC network.
Learn more about Privacy and Security.
There is no cost to you. Registration is quick and easy.
Use of HDC Discover is offered at no cost to you or your practice, thanks to the sponsorship of the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC).
Online registration takes only a few minutes.
Reach out to us and we can walk you through the online registration process, OR you can do it yourself via our online registration.
Watch this product demo video to see HDC Discover in action.
Contributing data to HDC is a visible sign of your professional commitment to clinical practice improvement as well as providing valuable data for the overall goal of divisional resource planning.
In today’s healthcare climate, pressures are increasing to improve the quality of services delivered to patients. These pressures underscore the need for physicians and our organizations to engage in measurable quality improvement processes.
You can explore your data on your own, or work with one of our partners or groups to learn with your peers.