The HDC is hiring!
Technical Product Manager, Health Data Coalition
- An experienced product professional who thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- A holder of a proven track record in identifying requirements and leading the development of new features.
- Keen to build products that will have an impact on primary care practice in British Columbia.
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is seeking qualified candidates to join our distributed team for the position of Technical Product Manager for our Health Analytics Platform.
Reporting to the Product Director, the Technical Product Manager bridges the business and technical domains, providing analysis and requirements to ensure business outcomes are met. They collaborate with the Technical Support, Informatics and Clinical Services teams and other stakeholders to translate product roadmaps and features into applications that delight our customers.
The successful candidate will take on ownership within a product area and will be responsible for optimizing the value of the work performed by the development team. They provide the development and QA teams with clarity of the work, objectives and how these play into the overall strategy.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment and are inspired by the challenge of applying your experience and expertise to contribute to primary care Health IT work, within a distributed team, please explore this opportunity.
Please ensure that your cover letter and application clearly show how you meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in healthcare management, business management, computer science, or other computing certification.
Experience and skills required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in technology, and 2 years in a product management role.
- Excellent requirements gathering and user story writing skills.
- Experience as a product owner in an agile development environment.
- Prioritization of items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals.
- User Interface Design (working with contractors on large projects).
- Gathering feedback from users and potential users on new and existing features.
- Developing content for launches of new features, ensuring the benefits of the feature is front and center.
- Training and presentation skills, introducing users to new features and products.
- Previous experience working in the health sector and working directly with physicians.
- Experience with Data Analytics Products.
- Knowledge of Privacy principles and practices.
- Understanding BC’s health care environment and patient and provider confidentiality, security and privacy context requirements an asset.
- Previous experience in a virtual team environment.
How to apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Please cite the job posting name, and send your cover letter and resume by noon on September 15th, 2021 to:
Health Data Coalition