Sending Sharing Requests
Sharing Requests have been developed so physicians can meet in small groups and work collaboratively on quality improvement projects.
Each accepted Share Request allows you to view your colleagues aggregate data in line with yours. This adds value to small group learning sessions by enabling a group of physicians or other providers to discuss patterns of practice, using their own data to inform the conversation.
- To access the sharing feature, select the “Sharing” tab in the navigation menu located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the level of data that you are inviting someone to share with you: Member (for individuals) or Organization (for clinics).
- Click Send Sharing Invite and indicate the colleague or clinic to send the sharing invite. Then click on the Send button.
- This will send an automated “HDC – Sharing Notification” email to the recipient.
- HDC sharing is a two-way request. Once your colleague accepts your sharing request, your aggregate data will become viewable to them, and vice-versa.
Accepting Sharing Requests
HDC Discover has built-in privacy protection that requires consent for sharing. Did you receive a Share Request?
Check your sharing invitations within HDC Discover via the following steps:
- Navigate to the Sharing or Groups feature.
- Enter into either of these features and view invitations awaiting your consent. You will see separate lists for member (individual) requests and organization (clinic) requests under their respective tabs. Accept or Decline the invitation by clicking associated options.
- If Accepted, you can now find your colleague’s name as a data source. Click here to read how to set data source preferences.
- Users always have the option to cancel the sharing request after providing initial consent. Click on the Leave link to stop sharing.