We are hiring!
Medical Director, Health Data Coalition
We are searching for a new Medical Director to contribute to our physician-led organization to lead and participate at both an Operational and Strategic level:
- Champion and advocate of data informed healthcare through thought leadership
- Engage with community physicians and partners to support physician QI through online learning
- Provide clinical direction and validation of user input for operational team, specifically with our Measurement Working Group
- Participate in strategic discussions with the Board and Shared Leadership team to support HDC’s role to support QI and a learning health system
- Serve on the Clinical Data Stewardship Committee (CDSC) to lead clinical discussion regarding QI measurements and use / intended interpretation
The Medical Director is supported by the Executive Director and his/her involvement on working groups and committees is supported by the Clinical Services team, the Product Director and Clinical Informatics Lead to ensure strong teamwork to build-in the clinical perspective into key aspects of our work.
HDC operates a distributed working model, where minimal monthly travel is expected to connect with HDC Discover users, colleagues and partners. Please consider exploring this opportunity if you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment and are inspired by the normalization of data in healthcare.
Please ensure that your cover letter and application clearly show how you meet the following qualifications:
- MD, MCFP, CCFP, FCFP or equivalent designation.
Experience and skills required:
- Family practice experience using an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Passion for Clinical practice-based learning and improvement
- Information management, evidence-based medicine, reflection and self-improvement experience
- Ability to lead by example in an online learning environment, incorporating EMR knowledge, medical information and evidence from scientific studies in patient care
- Experience being a collaborator or connector between health system organizations
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening skills to build interpersonal relationships
- Solid writing/Presentation skills to draft regular content
- Facilitation skills to support stakeholder discussions
- Clinical informatics experience
- Practical use of multiple EMR tools that allow practice reflection
- Primary care standard workflow and process knowledge to inform measurement development
- Familiarity with health information standards, terminology, interoperability and information models is an asset
- Basic skills in EMR reporting or data query and ability to present results through various forms of charts and tables are assets
- Experience with or exposure to heath system delivery and improvement is an asset
- Strong understanding of the healthcare delivery system and systems improvement levers
- Experience with Data Analytics Products.
- Knowledge of Privacy principles and practices.
How to apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Please cite the job posting name, and send your cover letter and resume by noon on October 12, 2021 to:
Health Data Coalition