In any organization, an administrator plays a crucial role in managing user accounts. It is vital for administrators to maintain an up-to-date list of current users within the organization. This involves adding new user accounts as needed and promptly removing accounts when staff members leave the organization.
To add or remove a user account to an existing organization, follow the steps outlined below –
Adding a new account:
- Begin by accessing the main navigation menu and selecting the Settings option.
- Within the Settings menu, navigate to the Organization Settings tab to view the list of members associated with the organization.
- To add a new member, click on the Add Member button located at the bottom of the frame.
- On the subsequent screen titled Add Organization Member, fill out all mandatory fields and select the desired Organization Member Role for the new user.
- After providing the required information, click on Create Member to initiate the process. Upon completion, the new member’s details will appear in the organization’s membership list as ‘Pending Activation’.
- An activation email will be automatically sent to the user, allowing them to set up their password. If applicable, they may also be required to accept the User Registration, User Code of Conduct, and Data Sharing Agreements.
- Once the new member has successfully registered, their account status will be updated to ‘Active’ in the organization’s membership list.
Removing a user account:
- Locate the member that needs to be removed from the organization’s membership list.
- Select the Remove link on the right-hand side of the membership list and confirm the removal when prompted to ensure the account is successfully deleted.
- Once the account is removed, their details will not be visible under the organization’s membership list.
- You can also get in touch with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to remove an account from the organization’s membership list. Our dedicated support staff will be available to assist you in the account removal process.