We are hiring!
Clinical Informatics Manager, Health Data Coalition
The Clinical Informatics Manager (CIM) role will be accountable for leading our current Informatics offering, as well as translating clinical standards to meet our physician user and partner needs.
The CIM will report directly to the Product Director. They will guide, gather and validate clinical content prior to development within the HDC Discover application in collaboration with Medical Directors, Clinical Services Team, as well as other key stakeholders (i.e. physician peer mentors). They will shepherd all proposed content through an approval process by working with our measurement working group and support the chair of our Clinical Data Stewardship Committee, which is a physician group that oversee HDC’s clinical decisions. The CIM will also support the Clinical Service Team to enhance user engagement with the measures within the HDC Discover application, through training, and 1-1 interactions with current and potential users.
The CIM will also work with external stakeholders and partners to provide leadership to the HDC team for clinical product requirements, measures and measurement frameworks. They will work closely with other Informaticians to ensure continuity and alignment to meet user and stakeholder needs.
Please ensure that your cover letter and application clearly show how you meet the following qualifications:
- Provide leadership for the Clinical Informatics program, by creating clinical content, while regularly interfacing with the operational team.
- Develop the functional and clinical requirements, with support from our Medical Directors, for new content and product capabilities, to be communicated and coordinated with members of the technical team
- Engage with Users and the Clinical Service Team to support and validate the precision and quality of new measures
- Engage with the technical team to develop rules and processes to continuously validate the quality and relevance of existing measures.
- Monitor changes in informatics, information standards and practice standards
- Enable ongoing content improvements in data acquisition and storage using best practices in health data interoperability and modeling
- Support the Clinical Data Stewardship Committee, Measurement Working Group and user requests to inform clinical content design and external communications
- Work in partnership with trusted partner organizations to establish measures and measurement frameworks to integrate best practices and the use of clinical measurement to inform practice improvement
- Guide the HDC team, alongside the Medical Directors, with primary care practice data expertise when collaborating on multi-stakeholder projects
- Active participation in contributing to HDC operations goal to enable data-informed healthcare
- Support the continuous improvement of HDC’s:
- Information model as represented by the HDC “Universal Schema”
- Interoperability with vendor EMR products through adaptors
- Management of the clinical content lifecycle, through the development, maintenance and decommissioning of measures
- Contribution of regular thought leadership content and/or case studies (e.g. use of aggregate data for community and system use)
Education, Skills and Experience
- A level of education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a related health discipline, such as nursing, allied health or other patient care profession, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a primary care environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an informatics role
- Clinical informatics experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ of practical experience using a BC primary care EMR solution
- Primary care standard workflow and process knowledge to inform measurement development
- Strong understanding of, and experience in, the use of standards for terminology, interoperability, ontologies and information models
- Experience translating data into broadly understood visualizations
- People leadership
- Effective coaching and mentoring
- Resource and financial management is an asset
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening skills to build interpersonal relationships
- Solid writing/Presentation skills to draft regular content
- Facilitation skills to support stakeholder discussions
How to apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Health Data Coalition