Full-time 7 Month Contract, Victoria, B.C. or Remote
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Acting Operations Coordinator to support the Senior Operations Manager with overall coordination of operations at the HDC.
The A/Operations Coordinator provides administration, scheduling, human resources support and financial management services. This position is full time and ideally will join the team working out of the head office in Victoria, BC, with part time work from home option. Full-time work from home option considered for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the A/Operations Coordinator will work closely with the internal and external team members to support the business functions of a physician governed organization. The A/Operations Coordinator has primary accountability for supporting the Central Services team in all operational requirements of the HDC and will apply their administrative and project management skills. Secondarily the A/Operations Coordinator will help support the Clinical Services team in achieving their physician enrolment and engagement goals.
- Supporting corporate administration accountabilities include:
- Scheduling, meeting logistics, agendas and materials for the operations team, Board and Board Committees
- Human resources administration
- Financial Management and reporting tasks
- Document management control, review and editing
- Managing stakeholder information to support communications
- Records management & inventory control
- Coordinating an operational reporting system and ensuring weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to track enrolment performance progress for internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with conference booth and sponsorship registration and planning
- Working with a distributed provincial enrolment team supporting the marketing communications campaign, including tracking deadlines, coordination of materials, preparing updates, and administration of marketing-related contracts.
The successful candidate will create and maintain strong working relationships with the Senior Operations Manager, Director of Clinical Services, distributed enrolment team, the HDC executive team and the Board of Directors and Board Committees, to support efficient operations and ensure the administrative needs of the HDC are met.
As a member of our small organization, this position will play a key role as an ambassador for the reputation of the HDC in daily interactions with physicians, vendors, partner organizations, researchers, government, post-secondary organizations and data contributors to the HDC network.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment and are inspired by the challenge of applying your administrative experience and expertise to work with a distributed team focused on supporting primary care, please explore this opportunity.
Please see the attached job description for more details about the job responsibilities and competencies of this position.
About the Health Data Coalition
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is a physician-led data sharing initiative funded by the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC). HDC was established as a federal not for profit organization in April 2016 and after the successful launch of its new platform, is currently focused on expanding its EMR vendor and contributor base.
The HDC supports a learning health system and is designed to aggregate patient level data from individual physician practices, across disparate EMRs, and use it as a feedback mechanism to support self-reflective practice for the individual physician, evaluation of learning modules, small group peer learning, Division-led and provincial projects and BC Ministry of Health system planning and population metrics.
More than a technical platform, the HDC is about and built on relationships. Our growing team seeks to embody the values of service, learning, accountability and innovation. Learn more about us at www.hdcbc.ca.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Seven-month initial employment contract
- Flexible work environment
Please ensure that your cover letter and application clearly show how you meet the following qualifications:
Experience and Education Required:
- Three to five years’ experience in office administration or operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Project, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Outlook email and calendar tools)
- A minimum of two years’ operational reporting experience, preferably using an outcome-oriented measurement and reporting framework.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship (CRM) system or campaign software; Proficiency in Zoho would be an asset.
- Experience supporting financial reporting; proficiency in QuickBooks Online is an asset.
- College degree or diploma in office administration, bookkeeping, communications, or health information science or related field
How to apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the educational, experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please cite the job posting name, and send your cover letter and resume to:
Senior Operations Manager
Health Data Coalition
The job posting will be open until filled.