Get Involved with HDC
Hosting and Security Manager, Health Data Coalition
- An experienced information management and technology professional who thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Experience with building and managing AWS environments with an eye to world-class security, but is excited to learn and develop their skill set?
- A leader that can bring together internal team members with external consultants and service providers.
- Passionate to contribute to the improvement of healthcare
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is seeking qualified candidates to join our distributed team for the new position of Hosting and Security Manager to oversee the technical infrastructure for our cloud-based analytics solution
Reporting to the Product Director, and working with the development team, security consultants and other service providers, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the management, security and optimization of our technical infrastructure.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment and are inspired by the challenge of applying your experience and expertise to work with a distributed team, please explore this opportunity.
About the Health Data Coalition
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is a physician-led data sharing initiative funded by the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC). HDC was established as a federal not for profit organization in April 2016 and after the successful launch of its new platform, is currently focused on expanding its EMR vendor and contributor base.
More than a technical platform, the HDC is about and built on relationships. Our growing team seeks to embody the values of service, learning, accountability and innovation.
Please ensure that your cover letter and application clearly show how you meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, business analysis or other computing certification.
Experience and skills required:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT systems, 2 in cloud environments.
- Experience managing AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation etc.)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in administration of (MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch)
- Knowledgeable of configuration management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Fluent written and oral English communication skills, with strong listening and information gathering skills
- Team leadership working with internal and external consultants.
- Comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders
- AWS Certifications preferred but not required
- Developing Policies and procedures for Security, Information Asset Management, Business Continuity.
- Experience with the ISO and SOC II certification process.
- Understanding BC’s health care environment and patient and provider confidentiality, security and privacy context requirements an asset.
- Previous experience working in the health sector and working directly with physicians would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a virtual team environment.
How to apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the educational, experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Please cite the job posting name, and send your cover letter and resume by noon on March 31st, 2021 to:
Health Data Coalition