Get Involved with HDC
More than a technical platform, the HDC is about and built on relationships. Our growing team seeks to embody the values of service, learning, accountability and innovation. We offer competitive salaries, extended health benefits, a matching RSP package, and a flexible work environment.
IT and Technical Support Analyst, Health Data Coalition
Full-time, Victoria or Vancouver, BC
- An experienced information management and technology professional who thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment?
- Proficient in providing technical support services, and able to translate effectively between technical requirements and end users’ experience?
- Experienced in providing remote technical support with users of diverse levels of expertise, and able to build rapport with end users to provide outstanding service?
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is seeking qualified candidates for the new position of IT and Technical Support Analyst to support enrolment and use of our web application HDC Discover, including training, documentation, remote support services and hands-on technical support. User groups include physicians, primary care office staff, and quality improvement coaches across British Columbia.
Reporting to the IT and Technical Support Lead, the IT and Technical Support Analyst will work closely with internal and external team members across the continuum of technical, non-technical, clinical, and administrative users and partners. The IT and Technical Support Analyst has responsibility for technical support of HDC Discover enrolment and usage and assists with ensuring the user support process is continuously improved. In addition, the IT and Technical Support Analyst supports HDC staff with use of company hardware and software as needed, in conjunction with a managed service provider.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment and are inspired by the challenge of applying your experience and expertise to work with a distributed team, please explore this opportunity.
About the Health Data Coalition
The Health Data Coalition (HDC) is a physician-led data sharing initiative funded by the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC). HDC was established as a federal not for profit organization in April 2016 and after the successful launch of its new platform, is currently focused on expanding its EMR vendor and contributor base.
The HDC supports a learning health system and is designed to aggregate patient level data from individual physician practices, across disparate EMRs, and use it as a feedback mechanism to support self-reflective practice for the individual physician, evaluation of learning modules, small group peer learning, Division-led and provincial projects and BC Ministry of Health system planning and population metrics.
More than a technical platform, the HDC is about and built on relationships. Our growing team seeks to embody the values of service, learning, accountability and innovation. Learn more about us at www.hdcbc.ca.
- Annual salary $50,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience
- Health Benefits and matching RSP package
- May require virtual/work from home arrangement depending on location
- BC Driver’s License required
- Periodic travel may be required
Please ensure that your cover letter and application clearly show how you meet the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in computer science, business analysis or other computing certification.
Experience and skills required:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in business analysis, IT systems training development and delivery, and/or IT web application and deployment support role
- Experience providing remote end user support, with end-user documentation skills
- Experience working with a technical team and the end user to see the issue through to successful resolution from the client’s perspective
- Experience communicating with end users and their support teams in fast paced working environments where accuracy and respect for users’ time are paramount
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Visio
- Fluent written and oral English, with strong listening and information gathering skills
- Experience with developing end-user facing, user-friendly technical documentation and support materials.
- Experience with Office 365 and AzureAD administration an asset
- Experience with hosted Sharepoint administration an asset
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Zoho CRM an asset
- Experience with WordPress administration an asset
- Proficiency with ticket tracking tools such as Zoho Desk and/or JIRA an asset.
- Understanding of BC’s health care environment and patient and provider confidentiality, security and privacy context requirements an asset.
- Previous experience working in the health sector and working directly with physicians would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a virtual team environment.
Please see the attached job description for more details.
How to apply
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the educational, experience and skills requirements for this position.
We appreciate all interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Please cite the job posting name, and send your cover letter and resume by noon on January 22nd, 2021 to:
IT and Technical Support Lead
Health Data Coalition